Call to Artists**
ARTable is an annual event that brings together extraordinary artists and art enthusiasts for an evening of food, wine, and conversation.
Call for submissions to participate in ARTable 2016
Picture This Creative Framing & Gallery and Leadership Donelson-Hermitage are looking for artists to participate in ARTable 2016. Now entering its fifth year, ARTable is an annual event that brings together extraordinary artists and art enthusiasts for an evening of food and conversation about the process of creating art.
This incredibly successful event benefits the community enhancement mission and work of Leadership Donelson-Hermitage, and is sponsored by Nashville Arts Magazine, Arts at the Airport, Picture This Creative Framing & Gallery, Apartment Selector, and The Clay Lady’s Campus.
ARTable 2016 (CONFIRMED)
Saturday, October 8, 2016
4:30pm – 9:00pm
The Clay Lady’s Campus
1416 Lebanon Pike, Nashville, 37210
Benefits to participating artists:
- Repeated exposure in Nashville Arts Magazine‘s coverage of ARTable 2016
- Opportunity to share your artistic vision and talk about your work
- Opportunity to demonstrate your process and answer questions
- Display your body of work for sale (priced by you) throughout the evening
- Opportunity to directly cultivate relationships with devoted art enthusiasts who live in your community
- A Leadership Donelson-Hermitage member will be assigned to you as an assistant for the evening; this person will act as concierge and sales assistant to you, so you can concentrate on your art demonstrations and mingling
- You will be asked to work on a piece throughout the evening, which will be live auctioned at the end of the event
Art sales information:
- All sales are completely handled by Leadership Donelson-Hermitage members, so you can concentrate on your art demonstrations and mingling
- Art sales throughout the evening are a 75%/25% split (75% to artist)
- The four live auction items (one from each artist) are a 50%/50% split
- Auctioneer will be Paul Polycarpou of Nashville Arts Magazine
- We have averaged $7,000 in art sales over the past four years!
Here’s how it works:
- Guests arrive and are divided into groups
- Artists are stationed in separate spaces and groups rotate to all artist rooms
- Artists have 20 minutes to present to each group
- Regular breaks are scheduled throughout the evening for shopping, noshing, and mingling
- Everyone gathers at the end of the event for a live auction of the four pieces that the artists have worked on throughout the evening.
Ready to apply?
- Artist statement/bio
- At least four examples of your work
- Website link
- One paragraph stating something fun and interesting that you would bring to ARTable 2016 if you were selected to participate
The selection process (UPDATED):
- Submissions will be accepted until April 15, 2016
- You will be contacted by Friday, May 6 if you made the “short list”
- Face-to-face interviews with “short list” artists will be scheduled for May 23 and May 25
- You will be notified by Friday, May 27 if you have been selected
- Public announcement will be made by Nashville Arts Magazine in the July 2016 issue