We’re excited to open the call for entries to next SNAP Photography Show to be held at Provence Bakery in Hillsboro Village in April. This show will have the theme: “patterns“. Interpret this however your creative mind sees it – no restrictions on color, subject, processing or viewpoint. The patterns may be natural or man-made, evoking rhythm and maybe a sense of harmony (or disharmony, if the pattern is broken).
This is open to SNAP members only — easy to become a Snap Member just attend a meeting — and we encourage everyone to participate!
The show will be hung in early April, with an Artists Reception soon thereafter. Our juror is Noah Saterstrom, You can read more on his work at http://www.noahsaterstrom.com.
Please follow these guidelines to submit your entries:
Deadline: Saturday, March 26, 2016
- Remember the theme of “patterns” for your work!
- Please submit up to 5 entries.
- Please name each file using the following method: firstinitiallastname_entrynumber.jpg.
So, for Emily Passino’s work, her entries would be epassino_1.jpg, epassino_2.jpg, etc.
- Please submit all works as JPG files, with a minimum of 1024 pixels on the long side.
- All entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Soon after submitting, you will receive an email confirmation.
- The accepted images should not be larger than 16 x 20 framed out or smaller than 8 x10 framed out, black frames with white matting. Remember, Provence only supplies nails at this point, so have a wire across the back.
Noah will be looking to select up to twenty five (25) images for the SNAP Photography Show, and will make the selections by the end of March. Notifications will be sent immediately thereafter. .
Please refer to the SNAP website for more information www.snapnashville.org
We will have Noah come to SNAP to speak on his selections at some point while the show is up at Provence.
Provence is going to be promoting the show and reception through social media. Thank you all for your submissions and being part of this fantastic show!
Good Luck and have fun!!