On the heels of outstanding submissions for the next Provence SNAP Photography Show, SNAP would like to invite each of you to submit entries for our annual JCC show, to be held at the Gordon Jewish Community Center (http://www.nashvillejcc.org/) on Percy Warner Blvd at the end of May.
Juror: The juror for this exhibit will be the esteemed Paul Polycarpou, publisher of the Nashville Arts magazine (http://nashvillearts.com/).
Show Dates: The show will be hung on May 31st, with an Artists Reception June 8th.
Theme: There is no “theme” for this show, but the JCC can reject photos with images of full frontal nudity, violent subject matter, and religious symbolism. They are looking for “family friendly” images.
Framed Images: The accepted images should be a minimum of 11 x 14, or 11 x 11 square. (Framed out: 17 x 20 or equivalent for square). Black frames with white matting., and a wire across the back.
Guidelines to submit your entries:
- This is open to SNAP members only –It’s easy to become a SNAP Member: just attend a meeting — and we encourage everyone to participate!
- Deadline: Saturday, April 30, 2016
- You may submit up to 4 entries.
- Naming of files: Please name each file using the following method:
first initial + lastname _ jcc + entrynumber.jpg
Example: Emily Passino’s first entry would be named: epassino_jcc1.jpg
- Please submit all works as JPG files, with a minimum of 1024 pixels on the long side.
- Email all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Soon after submitting, you will receive an email confirmation.
Other useful information:
The juror will select up to forty (40) images for the Show, and will make the selections by early May. Notifications will be sent immediately thereafter. Photos selected must be taken to the JCC by 11:00 a.m. on May 31st. Note: it is possible to take your photo to the regular SNAP May meeting, if it is difficult for you to get your photo to the JCC on May 31st.
We will have Paul come to SNAP to speak on his selections at a future SNAP Meeting.
Thank you all for your submissions and being part of another fantastic SNAP show!
Good Luck and have fun!!