Theme: Photographs “inspired by art.”
Juror: The juror for this exhibit will be Wesley Paine, the director of the Parthenon, who has a wide knowledge of and interest in art throughout the ages, including contemporary (not just ancient Greek)
· Deadline for submission: Saturday, November 12th.
· Notification of selections: Sunday, November 20th.
· The show will be hung Monday, December 5th (from 3:00-6:00)
· Artists Reception yet to be determined.
· Juror Wesley Payne will join us for January or February SNAP meeting for a conversation about her selections.
Accepted Framed Images:
The accepted images should not be larger than 16 x 20 framed out, or smaller than 8 x 10 framed out. Black frames with white matting. Remember, Provence only supplies nails at this point, so have wire across the back. You will receive a link to supply information about your print (name of photograph, etc.) for the title cards.
Guidelines to submit your entries:
1. This is open to SNAP members only –It’s easy to become a SNAP Member: just attend a meeting — and we encourage everyone to participate!
2. You may submit up to 4 entries.
3. Naming of files: Please name each file using the following method:
first initial + lastname _ art+ entrynumber.jpg
Example: Emily Passino’s first entry would be named: epassino_art1.jpg
NOTE (optional) : If you think it would be helpful to make some reference to the particular piece or style of art which inspired the selection of your photograph, please add that at the end with another underscore, as: epassino_art1_Roth.
4. Please submit all works as JPG files, with a minimum of 1024 pixels on the long side.
5. Email all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Soon after submitting, you will receive an email confirmation. Remember, we’re volunteers and will do our best to check regularly.
Other useful information:
The juror will select up to 25 images for the Show. Photos selected must be taken to Provence ready to hang.
Thank you all for your submissions and being part of another fantastic SNAP show!
Good Luck and have fun!!