Here are the long-awaited details for our next Provence SNAP Photography Show:
Theme: NIGHT. Again, let your imagination roll!
Juror: The juror for this exhibit is Heather Lose, a creative director and fine art photographer who helped co-found the Nashville Community Darkroom and, more recently, WXNA 101.5 FM. She loves the nightlife; she’s got to boogie. See www.HeatherLose.com.
- Deadline for submission: Saturday, March 18
- Notification of selections: Sunday, March 26
- Selections brought to Provence, ready to hang: Monday, April 10
- Artists Reception: Thursday April 20 (to be confirmed)
Guidelines to submit your entries:
- This is open to SNAP members only.
It’s easy to become a SNAP Member: just attend a meeting and register at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rtGlJ5lvyc5MdC1X4f5W2-nFNLY2vcs9CQLVmcO4otc
We encourage everyone to participate!
- You may submit up to 4 entries.
- Naming of files: Please name each file using the following method:
first initial + lastname _ theme+ entrynumber.jpg
Example: Emily Passino’s first entry would be named: epassino_night1.jpg
- Please submit all works as JPG files, with a minimum of 1024 pixels on the long side.
- Email all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Soon after submitting (as soon as the volunteers have time to check) you will receive an email confirmation.
The accepted images should not be larger than 16 x 20 framed out or smaller than 8 x10 framed out, black frames with white matting. Remember, Provence only supplies nails at this point, so have a wire across the back.
Other useful information:
The juror will select up to 25 images for the show.
Venue: The exhibit will be at Provence in Hillsboro Village, 1705 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212 (http://www.provencebreads.com/wordpress/locations/ )
Keep in mind the venue is a public space, with patrons of all ages and sensibilities. Provence has been a generous benefactor for the group, so why not consider treating yourself to some of their offerings whenever you’re in the village.
Please refer to the SNAP website for more information www.snapnashville.org
We will have the juror come to SNAP to speak on the selections at some point while show is still up.
Thank you all for your submissions and being part of another fantastic SNAP show!
Good Luck and have fun!!