SNAP would like to invite each of you to submit entries for our annual JCC show, to be held at the Gordon Jewish Community Center (http://www.nashvillejcc.org/) on Percy Warner Blvd during the month of August. This is traditionally the major exhibition for SNAP each year, so we want to encourage everyone to participate.
Theme: There is no “theme” for this show, but the JCC can reject photos with images of full frontal nudity, violent subject matter, and religious symbolism. They are looking for “family friendly” images. Past shows have highlighted a broad variety of subjects and styles.
Juror: The juror for this exhibit is Jerry Park (http://jerryparkphotography.com ), who many SNAP members know. Park is a founding member of the SouthLight Salon, and featured at The Arts Company.
- Deadline for submission: Friday, June 30
- Notification of selections: Mid-July
- Selections brought to JCC, ready to hang: by 11:00 a.m., Tuesday August 1st
- Artists Reception: Wednesday August 9th, from 6:30 – 8:30
Guidelines to submit your entries:
- This is open to SNAP members only.
It’s easy to become a SNAP Member: just attend a meeting and register at: SNAP Registration Form
We encourage everyone to participate!
- You may submit up to 4 entries.
- Naming of files: Please name each file using the following method:
—- first initial + lastname _ theme+ entrynumber.jpg
—- Example: Emily Passino’s first entry would be named: epassino_JCC1.jpg
- Please submit all works as JPG files, with a minimum of 1024 pixels on the long side.
- Email all entries to email@example.com. Soon after submitting (as soon as the volunteers have time to check) you will receive an email confirmation. Please note that with summer schedules there could be a delay.
The accepted images should be a minimum of 11 x 14, or 11 x 11 square. (Framed out: 17 x 20 or equivalent for square). Black frames with white matting., and a wire across the back.
Other useful information:
The juror will select up to 40 images for the show.
JCC takes 35% of the sales price if a photograph is sold. They have a release form for each artist to sign, which we will send to those whose work is selected.
Venue: The exhibit will be at Gordon Jewish Community Center in the Janet Levine March Gallery and the adjoining JLMG2 gallery space. Stay tuned for more information regarding how SNAP will use the smaller gallery space.
Please refer to the SNAP website for more information www.snapnashville.org
We will have the juror come to SNAP to speak on the selections at some point while show is still up.
Thank you all for your submissions and being part of another fantastic SNAP show!
Good luck and have fun!!