As a SNAP member, you are invited and encouraged to submit photos for our next Provence SNAP Photography Show.
Theme: PERSPECTIVE. For this show, perspective means “viewpoint” – a way of looking at or thinking about something. Strong photos will capture something a casual passerby may not see. Perhaps the vantage point is different, or the story told provokes a new way of considering something. Finding a unique way to point to a selected scene delivers a message to the viewers which the photographer directs.
Juror: The juror for this exhibit is V e s n a P a v l o v i ć, a Vanderbilt Associate Professor of Art who is astonishingly prolific and creative. She has exhibited widely in both solo and group exhibitions, and has work included in major private and public art collections, including the Phillips, the Hirschhorn and others around the world. Zeitgeist gallery here in Nashville represents her work. See http://vesnapavlovic.com/index.php?/photographs/
- Deadline for submission: Saturday, November 11th
- Notification of selections: Monday, November 20th
- Selections brought to Provence, ready to hang: Monday, December 4th
- Artists Reception: Thursday December 7th (to be confirmed)
Guidelines to submit your entries:
- This is open to SNAP members only.
It’s easy to become a SNAP Member: just attend a meeting and register at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rtGlJ5lvyc5MdC1X4f5W2-nFNLY2vcs9CQLVmcO4otc
We encourage everyone to participate!
- You may submit up to 4
- Naming of files: Please name each file using the following method:
- first initial + lastname _ theme+ entrynumber.jpg
- Example: Emily Passino’s first entry would be named: epassino_perspective1.jpg
- Note: File names are anonymized before giving to the juror.
- Please submit all works as JPG files, with a minimum of 1024 pixels on the long side.
- Email all entries to email@example.com. Soon after submitting (as soon as the volunteers have time to check!) you will receive an email confirmation.
The accepted images should not be larger than 16 x 20 framed out or smaller than 8 x10 framed out, black frames with white matting. Remember, Provence only supplies nails, so have a wire across the back.
Other useful information:
The juror will select up to 25 images for the show.
Venue: The exhibit will be at Provence in Hillsboro Village, 1705 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212 (http://www.provencebreads.com/wordpress/locations/ )
Keep in mind the venue is a public space, with patrons of all ages and sensibilities. Provence has been a generous benefactor for the group, so why not consider treating yourself to some of their offerings whenever you’re in the village.
Please refer to the SNAP website for more information www.snapnashville.org
We will have the juror come to SNAP to speak on the selections at some point while show is still up.
Thank you all for your submissions and being part of another fantastic SNAP show!
Good Luck and have fun!!