*** Updated dates and members can submit up to 5 images ***
Call for SNAP Submissions – July 2018 |Theme “MOTION/MOVEMENT”
As a SNAP member, you are invited and encouraged to submit photos for our July SNAP Photography Show. See more about eligibility below. This show will be on display at the downtown Nashville Lexus dealership from mid-July through the end of the year. This light-filled space will have room to accommodate 35 photos, so it will be one of our larger shows.
The Lexus dealership allows our photos to be sold during the show, with no commission. The purchaser would work with each artist directly (based on title card information). Per SNAP policy, if you sell something during the show, you should replace it with another piece of your work that fits the theme – or contact a fellow SNAPPER to let them hang one of theirs that fits the theme.
Theme: MOTION/MOVEMENT. For this show, to reflect the spirit of motion/movement made possible by automobiles, we have selected this spirit as our theme. Photography can give a sense of motion or movement through any number of storytelling or design elements. The photograph may capture a mid-action moment, suggesting what has come before or will happen in the next few seconds. There could be a strong visual flow, with curved lines or some rhythm of pattern drawing the eye throughout the frame, that gives the experience of movement. And of course there is the use of motion blur – whether by using slow shutter speeds or panning.
Jurors: Two of the original founders of SNAP have agreed to be our jurors for this exhibit: Wendy Whittemore and Stacy Irvin, both outstanding photographers.
- Wendy was SNAP’s first president for many years. She graduated from the University of Dayton with a BA in photography. Her current day job as owner of Aerial Innovations of TN, Inc. , a photography company, has kept her on the move in Nashville for over 15 years. Link to flytenn.com (and http://flytenn.zenfolio.com/f591062091).
- Stacey Irvin is an award-winning world and humanitarian photographer, freelance graphic designer and web developer in Nashville, Tennessee. Irvin travels and photographs worldwide, producing candid images that invite viewers to appreciate the individuality and integrity of her subjects while illuminating our shared humanity. See https://photonomad.photoshelter.com.
Venue: Downtown Nashville Lexus dealership, 2010 Rosa L Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 37228 (https://www.lexusofnashville.com).
- Deadline for submission: Friday, June 22nd
- Notification of selections: ~ Early July (our best guess)
- Selections brought to Lexus, ready to hang: Monday July 30th, from 11 am to 1 pm
- Artists Reception: Thursday August 2nd, 5:30-7:30
- Unsold pieces to be picked up: Late December 2018 (details to be settled later)
Guidelines to submit your entries:
- This is open to active SNAP members only.
It’s easy to become a SNAP Member: just attend a meeting and register at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rtGlJ5lvyc5MdC1X4f5W2-nFNLY2vcs9CQLVmcO4otc. We encourage everyone to participate!
- You may submit up to 5 entries. Entries may have been submitted for earlier SNAP exhibits ONLY if they were not previously selected. Keep in mind the venue is a public space, with patrons of all ages and sensibilities. In addition, the Lexus management staff does not want any of the photos to include identifiable automobiles.
- Naming of files, please name each file using the following method:
first initial + lastname _ theme+ entrynumber.jpg
Example: Emily Passino’s first entry would be named: epassino_motion1.jpg
- Please submit all works as JPG files, with a minimum of 1024 pixels on the long side.
- Email all entries to email@example.com. Soon after submitting (as soon as the volunteers have time to check) you will receive an email confirmation.
The accepted images should not be SMALLER than 16 x 20 framed out and may be as big as 40” on the long end. Required: black frames with white matting with a wire across the back for hanging.
Other useful information:
The juror will select up to 35 images for the show.
Please refer to the SNAP website for more information www.snapnashville.org
We will have the jurors come to SNAP to speak on the selections at some point.
Thank you all for your submissions and being part of another fantastic SNAP show!
Good luck and have fun!!
SNAP Exhibit Team