Thursday, December 5th, 6:30 – 8:30 Holiday Gathering, at TECA –will include our traditional Dirty Santa photo swap, as well as potluck food and beverages.
Address: 2964 Sidco Drive, Nashville, TN 37204. Park out front in visitor’s lot, or around to the side/back. Entrance to the building is at the front, at the visitor’s lot. Avoid any parking spots with the neighbor design company’s signs.
More about the holiday gathering: We welcome everyone who has been coming to SNAP meetings, even if this is your first year to start participating with us.
- Food and/or drinks to share (SNAP volunteers will provide paper goods, cups, utensils – but if your dish needs a serving spoon/fork/knife, please bring that as well)
- Food – it always works out that there is a great assortment of appetizer/finger foods, “main” and “side” dishes, and desserts – just bring whatever you’d like to share and it will work out.
- Beverages – adult beverages as well as non-alcoholic drinks are needed; it seems that “enough” people seem to bring drinks so that it pretty much always works out in this department too.
- One great photo, wrapped or in an envelope, with nothing to identify the photographer
- The photos are piled on a table for a swap. Each of us who brings a photo gets a number, and gets to pick a random photo – which, in the Dirty Santa Swap style, may get “stolen,” in which case you get to pick another photo, and so forth and so on. Rules will be more clear when you are there. The point is, everyone who brings a photo gets to go home with a photo by someone else.
- What do we mean by a “great” photo? Bring one of your best photos which not only is a good example of your best work, but which has also been printed nicely. You don’t need to mat it, and you certainly shouldn’t frame it. It should be in the range of 8×10 – 11×14 (of course squares are fine).